[Novembre] This is the piece that I sent, when asked to donate for the wonderful Tenderloin Health charity event below. I am honored.
Honorary Chairs Lt. Governor Gavin Newsom & Director of Health for San Francisco Barbara A. Garcia, Host Committee The Honorary Willie L. Brown Jr., Former Mayor of San Francisco, Jane Kim, Supervisor District 6 and Bevan Dufty, Former Supervisor of San Francisco, District 8 at a Celebration of Community. We will be honoring The Sister's of Perpetual Indulgence, Estela Garcia of Instituto Familiar de la Raza and Ernest Andrews, Co- Founder of the World AIDS Task Force. The event will also have a silent auction and live entertainment; La Toya London, American Idol Finalist and Jimmie Reign, Singer/Songwriter. All proceeds will go to benefit Tenderloin Health.
Tenderloin Health's mission is to improve the health and overall well-being of the most underserved, vulnerable, poor and homeles residents living with or at the greatest risk for acquiring HIV/AIDS in the Tenderloin and surrounding areas of San Francisco.
Tenderloin Health provides housing, medical and dental services, in-home support, nutrition, pain managment, an arts program, case management, and emergency housing to over 8,000 unduplicated clients in San Francisco.
Sunday, September 25, 2011
Babbled by Cher Ferroggiaro at 1:27 PM
I adore the sea more than ever - it has always been a passion of mine. If I could, I would own a home beside it, so that I may sit and write poetry as Pablo Neruda did on early foggy mornings.
Pablo had a cottage beside the sea, but was terrified of being in the water. I think it great of him to put fear aside for a place that moved his heart in many ways. He wrote some of his best love poems there.
On another note, we have a yacht that we plan on restoring to its full beauty. I think it is 38 ft or somewhere close to it. Often, I imagine being aboard already, enjoying the water and all its surroundings.
The restoration is going to be a great learning experience. And I am sure, exciting. Just knowing that we restored our own yacht, redesigned the stateroom and so on, will make it much more appreciated. Unfortunately, it will not be even close to ready by the time our World Vin Cup event begins in Anguilla. Nonetheless, we will take as much free time as possible to prepare it.
That event is going to be extravagant. We go to Anguilla in December for a few days to meet up and polish plans. I look forward to it - yacht racing, great food, and even better company. What more could you want.
The best part? Exploring the islands, the culture, music, dancing, and the ocean! Oh, I cannot wait to experience the water and feel it smoothing itself against my skin.
The sea holds a place all its own within me - that will never change.
Babbled by Cher Ferroggiaro at 3:42 AM
Sunday, September 11, 2011
Babbled by Cher Ferroggiaro at 3:55 AM
Tuesday, September 06, 2011
Babbled by Cher Ferroggiaro at 8:22 AM
1. I absolutely love everything about the sea.
2. My Great, great Grandfather was one of the 4 that founded San Jose, California. They were from Genoa, Italy.
3. I have been published over 120 times in all sorts of magazines.
4. I speak English, Italian, Spanish, some French & Japanese
5. I love Starbucks Carmel Macchiato.
6. My Grandfather was my hero and can be found in some history books.
7. I think some things are so utterly beautiful, all one can do is cry.
8. I believe beauty often goes unnoticed.
9. I do not trust easily. But when I feel close to someone, they have my heart for life. (Friends and such) - even if I do not always stay in contact every day.
10. I will never hurt a friend on purpose and am very loyal
11. I love the rain.
12. I love bell-bottomed jeans.
13. Candy is delicious and I will buy it if someone does not drag me away quick enough! ;)
14. My favorite car is the Audi that I bought and paid for within 2 months (all on my own). I like to be independent.
15. I love French nails (pink & white) and never try anything else.
16. I would rather go for a walk along the beach than to an expensive restaurant.
17. I believe in the power of generosity.
18. I love to be girly, but can fish like the boys.
19. I play piano.
20. I am soft spoken and know how to behave in any social situation. (Unless I feel bratty, of course!) ;)
21. I love to dance.
22. I love to joke around.
23. My older sister was struck and killed by a truck a few autumns ago, when she was trying to save a pup from the road. She was a teacher. I miss her.
24. 2 of my little brothers have their own musical bands.
25. I love to love.
Babbled by Cher Ferroggiaro at 6:58 AM