Monday, August 27, 2007

Take your gloves and get out

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sometimes everything seems so restricted--tied on such a tight knot that one can barely move. I say this, and mean the daily routines that we all have. Sometimes, I just want to break free from it all. I know that I was made for more than getting up, showering, brushing my teeth, going to work, school, kick boxing, coming home, and relaxing before doing it all again. I need something more, but what?

I have said this before, I need a release. Sometimes, music is that release--I come home and just dance. I would play piano, but I could not take mine when I moved, because it was much too heavy. Now I am left with keyboards, but they do not match up.

Sometimes, I want to climb the highest cliff and just scream. Odd? Not really. Not if you see it as a calming source. I want to dance there above the sea, swirling around and around in my summer dress and bare feet, until I collapse. I want to feel the wind in my hair... feel life. I have SO much passion in my veins that I feel as if I am about to explode.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sometimes, I want to smooth myself into a field of flowers, and watch the clouds drift by. I want to swim bare in a secluded pond in a far off forest, with nothing around, but the sounds of the water caressing the bank. I want to be atop the highest building in N.Y. during a soft rainfall, and so much more. But once you grow into an adult, you rarely have time for such things.

I do not want to be a fighter, but a friend, a loved one, a good listener, warm-hearted, innocent (but fiery), and a girl that has purpose. I want to be all I can be.

You know, life moves pretty fast... when was the last time you paused to really see what it has to offer?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Moving on...




A musician friend (Gerardus le Monk) and I teamed up for this. He is so talented, and to be able to work with this brat--a genius! ;) Last I heard, he was composing the film score for the next David Lynch movie in a music studio built inside a Bauhaus kind of house, near the seaside in California. It has an interior swimming pool and some statues of the Ancient Egyptian goddess Bastet. I am jealously in love with that scenario! Anyway, I hope you like the outcome. xo

xoxo

2 comments to Cher:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you on the routines that we all have. I seem to have become a rebel against time, life,the "norm"...I live my life in constant chaos. Why you ask? Because when I was growing up, everything had order. Everything had a purpose. Being raised by strict Italian grandparents, theres was only one way to do stuff. THEIR WAY!!LOL!!

Ca said...

exactly! I am the same way and it is so draining! haha. love you :)

ShareThis

 
Template by suckmylolly.com